I got an e-mail from a really wonderful friend--kind, funny, so compassionate it makes your teeth ache--that she has been asked to write a book. Now, I know she likes to write, but doesn't really do much of it at all. And I'm sure she can string her thoughts, words and deeds together in a coherent and probably moving tome. But let me remind you of this--someone ASKED her to write this book.
Here I am slogging away for months at a time, refining, refining, touching up, throwing out lines after lines, pages after pages in the hope that someday I can submit either one of two stories to be published and ... someone has asked her to write.
To be fair, I haven't got the "low-down" yet on what the topic is and whom it was that asked her. She so excited I could hear her voice go up a couple of octaves just from reading the e-mail. I'm going to call her tomorrow and find out the details.
But just for now...someone asked her to write a book. I'll be a better Christian about this later I think.
1 comment:
Whoa -- congratulations to whoever-it-is!
You do know, though (er, don't you?), so many variables come into play when it comes to breaking into print that it's a wonder ANYONE gets published the first time.
Karma. Think karma. Your turn's coming. (You just better be damned good and ready for when it hits.)
(Word verif.: tylosili. A heavily rewritten punchline to a Seinfeld episode.)
Post a Comment