Monday, August 30, 2010

Observations

One of the things that I like to point out to people in my exasperating way, is that I am an observant person. Observant of either physical or empathic things. I have been known to see caterpillars where others have missed them and sensed angst where others have insisted none existed.

I'm not sure why this is. I like caterpillars as much as the next guy I guess. But I like seeing the anomalies that others can't or won't take the time to see. Of course I have friends who hate creepy, crawlies and so therefore, wouldn't look for these things if given a chance or even a reason to.

I think the reason I can sense feelings has to do with being able to feel so deeply when I was younger. I was a lonely kid, not many friends and some of them were rather a pathetic excuse for friends. So I would try and figure out why others acted the way they did and I could do this without attracting attention because, well, no one was paying attention. It was an atmosphere conducive to investigation. And I think I got rather adept at reading facial expressions and body language. Coupled with my lack of hearing, I think I've gotten more attuned to these ques.

Hasn't gotten me much more in the way of friends, but at least now I can understand why...sort of...

2 comments:

JES said...

Uh-oh. Did we recently, um, over-observe?

hyo cynth said...

No, it just occurred to me that I do that a lot. Not sure if it's a curse or a blessing...just musing.