Inside of me there is Spring.
The wind is howling and threatening
To wipe the new buds off the trees.
But inside, the daffodils are blooming
And the hyacinths are nodding their
Many bloomed bodies
And the dogwoods are unfurling
While soaking up the sun.
It's supposed to snow and rain tomorrow
In late March no less, snow.
But inside of me the sun is warming
My innards like a lizard n a rock
And the perennials are poking up
Through the moist soil for a peek at the world
They haven't seen since last Spring.
My family has brought Spring to me.
By being there and listening and laughing
And not judging or criticizing or berating.
But just being there to feed the soul like
The Spring sun, which is residing inside me
This day.
9 comments:
Sort of makes me want to fondle a crocus.
Cynth,
And you have brought it to all of us as well, without a single fallen (or fondled) crocus petal. Could more heartfelt, joyous tears have fallen on Saturday night? I think not. Thanks for bringing the best of you this weekend, too.
Well, Merch, it was nice to see you here. I didn't know you imbibed!
And Mike, thanks.
Imbibe? More like splash a little on my face to try to wake up.
Indicating of course, that you are bored with the discourse? Thanks.
Ah, a Simpson/Foster/Lester female. I know their "tricks" well. Always able to find a ready screen on which to project insecurities.
Well, it is hard to figure out how sarcastic you either are or not being from words, so I figured I'd go for the sure thing and claim sarcasm. If you didn't mean it that way, well, okay, happy that I was able to splash your face with my observations.
Does, "I value your posts" help?
Yes, Merch. Thanks.
Post a Comment