Saturday, November 19, 2011

Company again

We are hosting company this weekend. Yes, the family just got done being together, but this group is made up of our daughters friends. They are coming together to look at dresses for the upcoming wedding. Deciding on what to wear, the color, the style, the logistics. They like each other (a blessing, I'll admit) and they are a fun bunch to talk with. They are staying for a couple of days. We are spending an inordinate amount of time around the kitchen table laughing and eating. The ebb and flow of conversation is different that when the family was here, but the current is fine to jump into once in a while and observe the rest of the time.

I'm cleaning up again and dusting and straightening. The house hasn't been this organized in I don't know how long. It's amazing really. I'll need to take some time off before the next round at Christmas.

But I like it! and I like having them around. See you when I get done doing another round of dishes!

2 comments:

JES said...

I'd enjoy being a fly on the way watching and listening to this... especially watching and listening to Dear Old Pop in a houseful of Y-chromosomes. Heh.

hyo cynth said...

Actually he did really well :)

He enjoys their stories, their banter and he even chimes in once in a while. And suddenly on Monday it was as quiet as a church on well, a Monday. The cycles of life still stun me from time to time.