Saturday, February 22, 2014

A Brief Moment

As so happens, once in a while, a moment in time is arrested and it can be stunning. The instant of time is never anticipated. It's never a documented moment usually (no matter how many You Tube videos you see). When you hope for such a second of time, it never happens. You could wait years, and it suddenly, serendipitously just occurs. Usually in those brief milliseconds there is an underlying truth revealed, either about yourself or a circumstance you have resigned yourself to. Suddenly, anything is possible. Now, just as suddenly, the next second, you find reality is standing next to you shaking it's head and whispering that this shining moment of clarity was an illusion. And most of the time your inner self believes it and the next breath you take is the same old, stale air you've been sucking down for the last millennium. Only occasionally, do you dare to ignore reality, and believe the impossible. And when you do that, life is forever changed.

3 comments:

JES said...

!!!

I won't ask.

Just... !!!

Mike said...

Okay - he won't...but I will: What the Hell? Give me the clarity! Give me the stale air! Give me the reflection of such an intriguing post!

hyo cynth said...

You can ask, but it won't get you anything. I didn't have any sudden revelations. I remember how they were when I had them. I was wishing for some solutions to some stuff running around like hamsters in my brain and nothing comes to mind. So I was just wishing and hoping, but nothing so far. Thanks.