It's sometimes amazing to me how quickly time goes by. My life of late is not filled with grand moments that make the days fly by. No, it's filled with the minutiae of the daily. Once the alarm goes off, I 'm off on the worn track in the carpet which takes me from the bed to the bathroom to the hall to the stairs to the kitchen to the back door, the car and work. Before I know it, the day is half done and I'm home eating lunch, then back to work to finish the day. A hiccup happens every couple of days when I go to the gym. But really, it's the same thing all the time. And the days roll by so fast that another month has been crossed off. I'm not a fan of this. I'd like more big moments, more grand happenings. Wait, let me qualify that--good things, please. No disease, no catastrophes, no funerals.
And therein lies the problem, in a way. Life does roll along for a while and things seem mundane, when suddenly they aren't anymore. So I guess for now, the alarm will go off and the cycle begins again. Until the next day, until the next day, until something happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment