Thursday, August 7, 2014

A New Day

I'm sitting here quietly in the morning, listening to birdsong and seeing the dew on the grass. It's morning at my brother's house and the world is just waking up. As am I! I'm contemplating the day to come and the day before this one. I'm thinking about events planned months from now. I'm thinking about our kids-hubby and I have these great adults who are part of us wherever we go. I am also wondering if hubby is awake yet to greet the day.

The opportunity to just sit and ponder things, reflect and just drink the quiet in happens so rarely. From the time we get up to the time we slump boneless into bed is filled with busyness, noise, tedious    minutiae of everyday life, it becomes harder to process or even savor the life that is. And so before our day, I sit and listen to the beat of the world around me. A great gift, this day.

No comments: