After what seems like an eternity, the sun is out today. It is about 60 degrees and no rain is forecast for a while. I feel like a person again! I went out and just sat on the deck steps and breathed in the air. I walked around the house and saw the daffodils, crocus and hyacinth beginning to poke their way out of the mud. There are little tiny buds on some of the trees and bushes. And its only one day that this is all happening! Oh, its marvelous. People are riding bikes, walking, jogging, kids are having baseball practice, the neighbor is picking up debris (well, she does that no matter what the season, but other people are now doing it too). The sky is actually blue, not that lumpy, roiling gray. There are robins hopping about on the neighbors lawns. I feel re-born almost. Watching the flag on the friend's house next door flap in the gentle breeze without getting stuck together from the constant rain is well, relaxing and calming. This is when I like New Jersey--the Garden State. When it appears to be a garden again with more green than brown, more gentle breezes than gale force winds, more people walking around and waving, then huddling in their coats and mumbling--their faces obscured by scarves and hats or gloves being breathed into to keep the circulation going in the fingers. It means Easter is coming, more sun is likely on the way.
Spring is here, I hear.
No comments:
Post a Comment