What made me use the above title has to do with how I begin my day getting ready for work. It starts with the "what to wear" problem. I am not, nor have I ever been a fashion maven. I know what I like and it probably isn't what Stacy and what's-his-name on "What Not To Wear" have envisioned for me. The problem, especially in the winter is that I get cold. A lot. And sometimes that cute little short-sleeved sweater that would go so well with my brown pants? Well, it's a little too cold for short sleeved sweaters unless you have a turtleneck underneath of them. And of course, these cute sweaters weren't made to be worn on top of other things. They make them rather form fitting, so stretching them to fit over another shirt is, well, not attractive, shall we say? Sort of akin to stuffing sausage skin. Not a good look. Especially for some one who is not svelte to begin with and probably never will be--given the amount of layers it would take to keep this person warm. So I"m stuck with the problem of having sweaters in my drawer, even hanging in my closet that I won't wear except for the brief two weeks in late spring or early fall when I would actually be comfortable wearing short sleeved anything to work.
I know women who are always fashionable. They don't seem to feel the cold as they walk around with their short sleeves and skirts. Maybe the pointy-toed shoes have caused them such discomfort that they no longer feel temperature change. Or maybe they're just from Mars. Or was it Venus? Whatever. The other problem of course with the layering of clothes is this does not take into account the hot flashes. When that happens then at least two layers come off before it passes and the layers have to be added on again. It's hard work getting dressed these days!
And I never quite got the hang of lipstick with the rest of the make up routine. I mean I put on make-up at like 6:30 in the morning and I don't do anything to it the rest of the day. But if you put on lipstick, you suddenly have to re-apply all day. I'm not interested in re-applying. And that stuff that stains your lips? It turns weird colors, so people think you've been out buying twin pops (in this weather??) and the color doesn't look the same when you get outside anyway, so it doesn't match.
I wasn't made to put up with this. I was made to get out of bed, walk to the computer downstairs and work from home. But alas my job doesn't offer this as an option. So there I am week after week, trying to figure out what to wear on my body and my face. Maybe I'll be come independently wealthy and it will become a moot point. But until then, It's bulky sweaters and turtlenecks for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment