Wednesday, January 12, 2011
I've Never Visited Tuscon
But I visited Arizona with my sister a few years ago. It was a breathtaking experience, not because of her driving...honest. But because Arizona is beautiful. It's purple mountains are indeed majestic and the numerous plains were inspiring as well, with waving fields of green and golden grasses and birds dipping down to sample some juicy bug buffet. It was a wonderful trip because of our being together and talking and laughing. But I remember the grand vistas of Sedona and Phoenix, begging her to stop so I could get out and take more pictures. My mind is filled with these pictures even now, scrolling through the blue expansive sky as it turned golden and honey-hued at sunset, the rolling hills, like waves of the ocean undulating into the horizon. I thought dessert was dry, dusty, arid, lifeless. It turns out that the Arizona countryside is alive and living and full of flower, prose and poetry in it's grandeur. And I didn't even get to the Grand Canyon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment