Monday, February 16, 2015

Ice and Snow

It's really cold here in the bubble these past few days. Well, it's really cold in the general part of the ol' US where we reside. In the morning there is frost on the window. Some windows, like the ones in the bathroom are completely covered in frost. I noticed the cold especially this evening as I sat in a committee meeting. The cold from the room seemed to creep up my pantleg and hover at the top of my socks. By the time the meeting was done, I don't think I could feel my toes and the ride home didn't really give the car enough time to warm up. It had snowed a couple of days ago and the plows sort of packed it down on the street surface, so it was interesting turning corners, never really sure if the tires were going to grab or not. I am not a fan of this weather and probably never will be.

And yet, tomorrow morning when I don't have to get up and go to work, when the snow will be fresh and white on the trees, I like it. When the sound is muffled from the snow blanketed over the area, I am comforted. Of course, I will be inside and not out in it. But it is pretty and quiet and restful. So its's not really true that I'm not a fan of this weather. Perhaps I just enjoy looking at it, as opposed to feeling it.

No comments: