Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Warmth and Nodding Off

I was a busy day today. Lots of emails to be answered. Phone calls to take and make. People coming in and going out. Before I knew it, it was afternoon. I have a small space heater at my desk and it punked out on me. So I was cold most of the day. The sweater on my chair wasn't enough. When I got home I had to go out again to the gym. Then home again and dinner. By the time I settled down to eat I was still cold. This winter has felt colder than others. Is it truly colder? I don't know, it just seems that way. I wrapped myself in a small lap blanket thingee while I ate dinner. But I still feel chilled. In a little bit I'm going to go upstairs, turn in the bed warmer and finally, finally get warm and toasty. And then, as is my wont, I will nod off while reading some romantic novel.

Only to get up at 6 and do it all again tomorrow. Heavy sigh. I know winter will end eventually, I just wish it would end soon.

No comments: