Monday, February 9, 2015
Just Observing
In the last few days, I have received news about people I love. There are challenges in their lives, some of them interesting (how DO you fit the sofa through that door?) and some of them scary--forcing me to look outside of myself. I've been rather self-centered lately, working through grief can do that to you. But hearing about these various things my loved ones are facing reminds me that everyone in life must face things they would rather not. Everyone, if they are living at all, has to meet the things life throws at them either deciding to overcome them or rolling over to let time and circumstance have their way. My grief, their physical maladies, his logistics, her incomprehension are all part of breathing in and breathing out each day. We don't always see that around us as we stumble around, hands outstretched in the dark hallway. But it is true nonetheless. I could spout scripture now, but I think I'll ponder the world and its workings a little longer. And maybe I can come out of myself a little bit more tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment